Festive (& Healthy!) Apple Pie
With Christmas around the corner ... let the baking begin! : )
1 cup meal (can try coconut meal for extra healthy spin! :) )
1 cup semolina
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1. Wash the apples, peel them and grate them
2. Add cinnamon to the apples and mix it all together
The purpose of following the recipe in this order is to let (the glorious) apple + cinnamon mixture sit for few minutes as you are preparing the other ingredients. Cinnamon will cause the apples to soften, release some of their juice and accentuate their natural sweet taste!
3. Spread a little bit of butter around your baking form (the purpose of this is for you to be able to smoothly take out the pie once its done baking)
4. Mix meal, semolina, baking powder, vanilla sugar
5. Cover the bottom of your baking form with a thin layer of the "meal, semolina, baking powder, vanilla sugar" mixture
6. Add a layer of apples
7. Add a layer of the the "meal, semolina, baking powder, vanilla sugar" mixture
8. Cut the butter in very thin pieces and cover with them the formed layer of the "meal, semolina, baking powder, vanilla sugar" mixture
9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 depending on how many layers you want to make (make at least 2) and...
10. ...make sure that at the top of the pie you have a layer of the "meal, semolina, baking powder, vanilla sugar" mixture.
11. Cover the top of the pie with a layer of thin-cut slices of butter
12. Bake 50-60 minutes.
Have fun guys!